Friday, January 21, 2011

Goodbye's are never easy...

So a week from today will be my last day at my job. That make me a sad. Sad cause I really like all the people I work with. I consider a lot of them my friends not just co-workers. Especially my boss. I've shared many conversations with her. I don't think any other boss I have will let me be in their office for an hour talking about anything and everything but work. I was grateful I had her as my boss because we had a lot of things in common. Her husband is also in the Army and she has been through the moves and deployments. She was a great support person for me when my 1SG was deployed. She shared many tears with me. It makes me tear up just thinking about those times. She let me have the 2 weeks of when he was home on leave, she said it was her way of paying it forward. She also understands my love for Sephora and has got me a few gift cards there :)
I'll also miss another co-worker, Anita. She is the most sweetest person I know. Always asks how about my son and even decorated my desk for me after I ran my first marathon.




It should be an interesting week. My replacement will be starting on Monday so I will slowly be handing over all my duties to her. It does make me feel good knowing that everyone at work feels the same way I do... well at least I think they do cause they keep saying they are going to miss me, maybe they'll have a party after I leave cause I'm no longer there haha.

I still have about a month between leaving my job and when I will actually be moving to Idaho. And then i'll have another round of goodbye's with all my friends, well more like family too me now. But that post will have to wait till that time is closer.

It's funny, I remember when I first moved to Tacoma in 2008 I was sad I left Idaho and couldn't wait to be back, now I'm sad I'm leaving WA. This is where my running and racing adventures started. But I'm happy to continue them in Idaho. I love Idaho. It's my home and where all my family is and my bestie is there and my sister who wants to run her first half marathon with me this year. I've even inspired a friend from high school to run her first half marathon this year.

I definitely will be running on my free time which will start next Friday! Enjoying every minute I can of beautiful WA. I guess you could say I got used to the rainy weather haha. I plan to run the same route I did my first 10 mile run, that was one of my most memorable runs.That and my first 16 mile run where as I was running I told my self  "You're freakin crazy Cynthia, why would you want to run a marathon, what's wrong with you?" And then I went shopping a few hours after with my friend Tiffany haha. And I WILL run all the way up 30th street hill before I leave, even if I'm huffing and puffing and my quads are on fire. And hopefully the weather will get a little better before I leave so I can run over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge again. Or maybe i'll just convince Tiffany to run over it with me on the way to her soccer game again so it can start pouring down rain as we get to the soccer complex in Gig Harbor... that's what happened the first time we ever ran over it last summer haha.

I know I'll be back to WA to run more races. It's only an 8 hr drive or a 1 hr and 20 min flight away!

Here are a few of my fav running photos!


Aflac Iron Girl 2010

I guess I need to work on my tough face

Over the Narrows 10 mi Run

I promise they didn't carry me through the entire run

Does this shirt make my butt look fast?
I got to shout out to Tall Mom and TMB that I love their blogs on a turn around in this race :)

11 comments:

  1. You are moving? Sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea moving back to Idaho. He is retiring from the Army after 22 years and we decided to go back to my home state where we own a house. I'm happy but sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I cant wait until your here baby...Right where you belong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe! A fellow T-Town runner!! how did our paths not cross???? I miss it so so SO much!!! i moved there in April 07 and my running also began there. And funny you should ask about 30th street being the Hill of Death, I actually named that one Satan's Spawn....36th is the Hill of Death. I would give anything to be there to run up either of those hills RIGHT NOW....

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh yes I know 36th St. I remember when I ran up it once this summer and this couple was walking down it, they just looked at me like I was crazy. I even turned back to see if they were still watching me and they were haha. I like those names, I may have to use them (if thats ok but will give credit) when I write a post about running up them, or trying to run up them at least.
    Well hopefully if you ever get to come back to WA to run any races we can meet up! I'm lucky where I'm moving will be closer and friends/family are here for me to come back and visit aka use as an excuse to run some races here haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Anonymous... I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the race photos...GORGEOUS:) Big move...it is always hard to change jobs for me especially when you get along with them so well!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving is always bittersweet - but best of luck to you!! And i love the race pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SAD that I never got to meet you.. Good luck with your move..I often dream of going off the grid in small town Idaho :)

    Hugs to having homes all over the place...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I did "meet" you mid race at YGG.. That was so nice, I love it when people say hi mid race, totally lifts my spirits..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Hungry Runner Girl and Wannabe Runner!

    Thanks Mel-Tall Mom, with any luck I'll be back to WA to run some races and maybe finally meet some other bloggers out there from the PNW! You definately inspired me to start my own blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...