Thursday, March 24, 2011

Life's Been Busy!

This week I...

I finished up my miles for the Cupcake Marathon.
3/20 - 17 miles
3/21 - 5 miles
3/22 - 4.2 (plus two more for a total of 6 for the day)

Dash wanted to be in the pic to...
Dash wanted a taste of my cupcake...
Is she really going to let me have some? Yes she is! This is yummy!

On Monday I spent the evening at my grandma's house who lives about 30 min away. She turned 80 years old so I baked her a cake and we all sang happy birthday while the great grand kids stood around her.

The kids weren't ready to take the pic but she was.

My son on the far left and my nephew and niece.

The rest of this week I have been working on planning out my loves retirement reception which will be next month. He is retiring after 21 years of service.
I decided to get crafty and make my own invitations. This is what my desk area has looked like for the past few days...

The front has his picture on it and the info on the ceremony

Cut out the ceremony info cause it had my phone number on it.
 I created 3 different designs for the other side of the invite.

While I've been busy working on all that, Gene's been building a fence in our front yard so our doggies have a nice area to run around.


It should be all done tomorrow and ready for painting!
 
Life's been busy this week. Lots going on but the weekend is finally here which means spending time with the family and an 18 mile long run this weekend! :)

Next weekend is spring break. I'm hoping the weather will be nice so we can do some outdoor activities. I'm thinking running in the morning and bike rides in the evenings!

3 comments:

  1. You are a running machine, 17 miles is still an intimidating feat for me!

    Also your dog Dash is adorable I love the picture sequence of him testing out the cupcakes too cute!

    You remind me of my sister, she makes her on invitations and cards too. My fave of your retirement invites was the one with the eagle and the stars.

    ~ H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love your outfit :) Nice job on 17!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I love the new blog look too :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...