Sunday, June 5, 2011

One year ago...

In 2009 I set a goal to run a half marathon in 2010.
I needed something to reach for. I wanted to get more active. I needed something to keep my body and mind occupied while Gene was deployed to Afghanistan.

On June 6, 2010 I ran the North Olympic Discovery half marathon


I have now ran 3 half marathons, a couple of 5ks, a 10k, a 12k, an 8k mud run, a 10 mile race and 2 full marathons and am training for my 3rd full marathon on June 25th.

Today I ran 22.25 miles in honor of my 1 year half marathoniversary (yes I totally made up that word).


I would have been awesome to have run the North Olympic Discovery Marathon today. But I ran in Idaho, in support of my friend Tiffany who ran her first half marathon with me last year and today is running the NODM as her first full marathon.



Running was my goal but I gained so much more. It's helped me push myself further than I ever thought possible. It helped me get through a difficult deployment. It helps me keep my sanity. It helps me clear my mind. It's something I hope I am passing on to my son, that you can achieve anything you want if you get out there and try.

I hope to always be a runner till my body won't let me.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, I've yet to run a marathon, but it's my big goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS POST!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...