Friday, April 13, 2012

Caballo Blanco

An absolutely amazing article by Christopher McDougal that describes the search for Micah True aka Caballo Blanco.


I'm such a cry baby this article made me tear up. Tear up for his friends, his girlfriend and his doggie, Guadajuko, who he often posted pictures of on his Facebook page.
I followed Micah True on Facebook and the out pouring of love on his page has been amazing. So many people found him an inspiration. I know I did since the time I read Born to Run.
He came to Idaho last year to promote the book and even held a run. I wanted to attend but never did. Mostly out of intimidation. I mean it's Caballo Blanco after all, I can't run and keep up with him lol. Now I wish I had.

On January 13, 2012 he posted this as his Facebook Status

"Caballo Blanco is no hero. Not a great anything. Just a Horse of a little different color dancing to the beat of a peaceful drum and wanting to help make a little difference in some lives. If i were to be remembered for anything at all, I would want that to be that I am/was authentic. No Mas. Run Free!"

You will be remembered as being authentic. Run Free Caballo Blanco.

kuira Ba: We are one
He wrote that saying on a picture of Guadajuko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...