Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend trip to Idaho

On Thursday I started the drive to Idaho for the weekend. It's about 8 hours. The drive was uneventful. The dogs were pretty well behaved and Z read the entire drive there and finished his book (one of the Whimpy Kid series book). It was actually cute he kept telling me what page he was on. I think this is the fastest he has ever read a book. I was a proud mommy cause normally it's hard for me to get him to read his 20-30 min a night. I listed to Born to Run on audio book. I like to listen to music for a little bit of the drive then listen to audio books for the last parts of the drive. The public library is great for checking out audio books! I thought it was a great book, only problem was I wanted to go run instead of sitting in a car for hours.

Friday was my loves graduation from the academy. It was a great ceremony and I was verryyy proud of him. Z and I got to pin his badge on him too! Here's some pics of the ceremony.






After the ceremony we headed over the Rick's Press Room Grill & Bar for lunch. This place was featured on Guy Fieri's Diner, Drive-ins & Dives. The food and service were great! It's owned by a husband and wife. He cooks and she's runs the entire front of the restaurant. I had the Sun Valley Club which was a awesome! It was a lot of food though and had to take the rest of it home.

There was 4 of those hidden somewhere under those fries

Gene had a burger with a fried egg on it. I wasn't so brave as to try it. You can read his review of Ricks Press Room Here and to see a pic of his burger :)


I definitely want to go back to this place it was delicious and I also want to try the dinner menu.

It was a long day especially after waking up at around 4:45am so I took a nap which I rarely ever do. I forget how much I love naps! Afterwards we went over to Starbucks where I got a yummy tea and enjoyed the evening together. Saturday was a busy day. I got a 6 mile run in and visited my family. I'll post on the run later with lots of pics!



3 comments:

  1. You are so cute!

    I love Guy Fieri-so cool you got to try out one of his reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby was just in Idaho! That is a pretty kitchen you are in in your last picture. We are looking to redo our kitchen and I really like the look of that. :) Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess!

    Hi Amanda! I was staying at a friends house, his kitchen and entire house are beautiful. He painted and decorated it himself so we are recruiting him to help us paint our house in Boise :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...