Thursday, November 17, 2011

Running and a birthday!!

Today I got to do something that usually only happens on the weekends.... I got to run during the middle of the day! I didn't have to be at work till 2pm, perfect opportunity to go on a run! Well not really go on a run, more like go out to my garage and run on my treadmill. It was pouring down rain and windy so I figured it was a better idea to do my tempo run on the mill.
I love speed work and hill training on the treadmill but tempo's on there on not my fav. I ran a 1 mile warm up with 5 miles at 8:13 pace and a mile cool down. I was glad to be done.

I really liked going to work later just for the reason that I could get my run in before work. I feel much better coming home knowing I have already ran for the day. Not sure if I'll get to do that again though.

-----

And on to the most important part of this post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENE!!!

Yesterday was his actually birthday so we had a birthday dinner with the Burtons!
I'm so thankful to have you in my life. You are the most amazing person, always putting others first. Making sure we are always taken care of. Always continuing your education whether it's here at home or when you were deployed. All of your Soldiers loved you and now in your new career you are loved by all your clients! I don't blame them, it's really hard not to love you :)  We may have our ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade any of it in. I heart you and I can't wait to spend many many more birthday's with you! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Way to get your run in rain or shine! :) Wish Gene a happy b-day from me! Sounds like you guys had a fun time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way as you, I like starting work later (I used to work at 11am or 1pm) and running before work because it's DONE. I don't like having a run looming because if something comes up or your just burnt out at the end of the day it's like ok one more thing to do.

    Happy birthday to your husb! you guys are cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...